Thursday, January 28, 2010

Down Time...Reflection...Renewal...

This week I hoped for time for quite contemplation. Down time from the world around us, from hard decisions, from emotional tears, and just to re-evaluate & recharge. God has blessed with just such a week.
We have received no news. We have not made any big decisions. We have had plenty of time for reflection and to recharge.
I have found a song and Scripture to share that reflects my hearts desire:
Romans 8:24-26 (New International Version)
For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
Heartbeat by Remedy Drive
This is a draught...been living without the one thing life requires
What a mess, passionless, somewhere I lost the fire
Oh my my...where has it gone
Can anybody turn this beat back on
My heart is fast asleep
Dreaming it could bleed
For something that´s real
My desperate appeal
God I’m getting tired of the way I feel
When I would rather be alive
I want to wake up
I want to restart
Put the drumbeat back in my heart 
I need to be revived
Bring me back to life
Coming on slow head to toe...the pulse is back again
It’s grace in my veins - replacing the pain
Bringing me back from the dead
Oh my my now I can see
You heard me cry emergency
Screaming out for help
You saved me from myself
The fires returned I’m letting it burn
There’s nothing better in the whole wide world
It feels so good to be alive
These are the words I have needed. At this time, a time of waiting I need to be revived. I need the Spirit to interceed for me and for those I love with words I cannot express. Our family is waiting for a precious gift of a daughter, but our lives cannot be put on hold. We must live each day, seeking renewal, seeking grace, seeking the face of God for hope, for direction, and for peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment