Thursday, May 27, 2010

Family in Great Need of Prayer - Will you pray for Eden?

At the beginning of our adoption journey I came across the story of a family that was so unique and impressive to me. As many of you know my sister is getting ready to have baby number eleven in a couple of weeks, which in today's society is a unique family size, but we love her little ones everyone and they are such a great mom and dad. Well, the family that caught my attention started with three children, adopted a sibling group of three, and were on their way back to Ethiopia to adopt another sibling group of three.

I was amazed by this families faith in God as he covered all of the fees they needed to adopt all six children and their persistent faith in proclaiming, "Our life is not our own!" How true this is, as Christians we know that our life is to be lived to the glory of God and to reach others for His kingdom. The last post I had read on the family, they had just arrived home with their second set of three and were now a family of eleven.

In getting wrapped up in our adoption and the many Korean adoptee blogs that I follow, I had not visited their site for many months, but last night on facebook, I saw through the Just Love Coffee site a fundraiser for this family, titled, "Finding Eden". I immediately recognized the last name and it struck terror in my heart to think that something had happened with one of their children and that they were needing to raise funds for their medical care. For some reason, I immediately thought cancer, but after bouncing from site to site (and learning baby #10 is on the way soon for them) I landed to their note on facebook as to what has transpired in their lives over the past 10 months.

Thankfully, I can say that none of their kids have cancer, however, I have been deeply sorrowed and saddened in the past 24 hours with their desperate plea for the people of God to uplift their daughter in prayer. I think partly a situation in our lives with one of my family members impacted the compassion I have for this family, but also as a future adoptive parent my heart just breaks for them.

Finding Eden - This is a link to their story (it will link you to her Notes in Facebook titled Finding Eden), I will warn you it will break your heart, but their faith and hope is inspiring.

If you can or would like to help this family in their time of need, there is a link on my site to be able to give to help their daughter Eden with the care she needs. As they say to have redemptive grace abound in her life and that she may return to them healthy and healed.

If you would like to read about their adoption journies, you can visit their blog at: Blessings from Ethiopia

Thank you for taking the time to pray for this family as they seek God's direction for their family. I pray you will be blessed and if are led perhaps can be a blessing for this family!

(If you have trouble with either of the above links, email me at missionforannalee@gmail.com and I will send it to you via email.)

Have a wonderful weekend.

The Ragsdales


2 comments:

  1. hey Ellen - the link to the story just takes me to facebook. Is there another site I can go to read what's going on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a note posted on Facebook. I can email you it if you send me your email address to missionforannalee@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete