Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blessings during the Wait

This week ended up being a wonderful break from the norm and full of adoption fun!

Early in the week we received a Well Baby Check (WBC) on our little girl! It was a hectic day and I had not checked my email once until that evening...I had not expected one so soon so I was thrilled! Annalee is now 22 lbs, 28 inches long, and has her bottom two front teeth! Oh, how that got me as much as I have not been concerned with pining away during this wait (due to the busy work schedule) I was ready to throw all caution to the wind and jump on a plane immediately to go get my girl!

Work has been absolutely crazy for me, so I went to bed early Thursday, slept in late Saturday, and took a nap Sunday! Crazy I know! For any of you that know me I am a night owl and take pride in the minimal amount of sleep I usually require. However, between work and going to the gym several days a week, I have found that I am in need of a few more hours than before!

So rested up and ready to go we had lunch at Yamatos on Friday for hubby's birthday. We had Bugolgi, Yakatori, Teraki Chicken, and a Maki roll platter. I can't wait to taste Bugolgi in Korea! Friday night we headed to the pool for some relief from the heat and relaxation. There was only a handful of other people there so we had plenty of room to play and swim...and we ran into some friends and got to show of pictures of our girl :)

Saturday hubby took the boys to Lowe's kids workshop and built UFOs letting me sleep in until, not quite noon :) Aaaah! I love to sleep late on a Saturday! Then we decided to head to town and hit a few yardsales and furniture stores in search of items for Annalee's room....we hit the jackpot!

We stopped at a yardsale and you could see the pink from a block away!!! I went straight for the rack of dresses and for $55 we bought 2 coats, 12 boutique dresses, 6 pairs of shoes, and 20 items (shirts, pajamas, towel, pants, etc.) Then we stopped by another sale and for $2.75 bought a gingerbread and bunny costume and 3 shirts. If that were not enough we headed to Lowes to look at a chandalier for Annalee's room.

At Lowes we found some acccessory items and curtains that we liked, so our trip ended up with...paint for the walls, curtains, fabric storage boxes 2 large, 6 small, a chandalier, and a lamp for the dresser (which we bought for 1/2 price)! Hubby has been super busy getting the room ready..ceiling de-starred, painted, base boards taped off, walls painted with first coat of paint...pink of course!

I have been taking before/after pictures of the room and can't wait to share the progress! Now I am searching for a trundle bed, rocker, and rug for her room! Today I was trying to make a mental list of all the "baby" things we will need...it is amazing how easily you forget when your kids grow out of that stage!

Saturday evening we went to our friend's house, Rick & Janet, and our friend Christy (who was just approved for the Korea program with Holt) also came. We had a wonderful meal, wonderful fellowship, and the kids played until they were tuckered out and ready for bed! Both of these families have been such a blessing in our lives through their testimonies and adoption journeys!

Both ladies had the sweetest outfits they gave me for Annalee and I can't wait to see her in them! As soon as hubby finishes the room I am going to have to get her closet in order. I think she has a full 24 month/2T wardrobe at this point minus socks and pajamas! It has been so much fun buying frilly little dresses and shoes...even the boys are getting in on the act picking out stuff for Sissy!

Today we received confirmation that our I600 application has been logged with USCIS. Hopefully in the next 10-20 days we will receive our I600 approval. We are also waiting for the Korean agency to submit us for the Emigration Permit (EP) for Annalee to come to the United States...once EP is received travel tends to happen in around 30 days, so we are praying for quick processing and approval!

Have a blessed week!

The Ragsdales!

1 comment:

  1. Things are moving right along!! YAY! I can't wait to see pics of Annalee's nursery and clothes!

    ReplyDelete