Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Annalee's Room

(I updated our post on our care package with more pictures and a video of the Hallmark Recordable book...if you want to check it out here is the link: Annalee's Care Package)

The past week hubby has been super busy preparing the room for Annalee. It's not quite done yet, we still need a rug, cozy chair, and to decorate the walls, but we are very pleased with the progress thus far.

We have lots of 24 months to 4T clothes, since that is what I bought while waiting for referral. I can't wait to fill her dresser with 12 - 18 month clothes for when she arrives home!

This is how the work began...putting putty on all the nicks and dents in the wall:

Removing all of the glow-in-the-dark stars and planets from the ceiling:

The inspiration for our color scheme:

                                     
The ceiling painted and walls trimmed out:

Our little family...baby in my arms...

                                     
Lighting for a princess:

                                                
Beautiful pink walls:

                                                
Closet before the dresses and clothes are added:

                                                 
The closet filled with her clothes:

                                          
Dresser & Bed:

                                       
                                       
For those of you that are shocked to see a baby bed...we had planned to put a trundle in the room...we could not find a trundle in the wood stain color and price range that we wanted...this crib is convertible to daybed and full size bed...so we changed our minds and went ahead with a crib!

We still have lots of things to get before she arrives...diapers, wipes, sheets, bottles, all the infante medications, creams, lotions, bath stuff, etc...however, at least now our girl has a place to rest her sweet head.

We have butterflys to paint and arrange on a wall, a lamp to paint for the dresser...once we add the finishing touches I will post an updated photo!

I have decided that fall break would be a wonderful date to travel to pick up our girl, so please pray with me that the paperwork will align just right for us to be in Korea October 11th - 15th....this way Ethan would not have to miss school to travel with me and ticket prices should be much more reasonable!

We hope you are having a great week!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the room!!! And that light - SOOOOO incredible! And her closet - I laughed when I saw how packed it was ;) You guys have been busy!

    I'll be praying for an October TC for you... (and me!) It would be so fun to meet up in Korea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy Johnson ScolesAugust 5, 2010 at 8:04 AM

    Look at all that pink- I bet you are in Heaven! :) And no shock from me regarding the crib. After my boys, I decided that I will keep any future little ones in a crib for as long as possible! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Excited to find you blog. We are waiting for a referral of a little girl from Korea. :) Love her room. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete